Thursday, July 8

Quick Job & Life Update

It’s kind of funny, but lately life has gotten in the way of blogging.

I guess it would be pretty sad if it were the other way around, but I do miss sharing updates with all 2 of you who read this regularly!

So here’s a quick update:

  • First bridal party outing= HUGE SUCCESS! I was a bridesmaid in a wedding last weekend, and I could not have had a better time celebrating with A & M. I’ve known A since freshman year of college, and it was pretty amazing to see her so happy. Mazel tov again!
  • Freelance gigs 1 and 2 have been moving along nicely. Almost done with a big project for freelance gig #2 and will hopefully have more work coming my way once I return from vacation in mid July. 
  • In-office job is insanely busy. The non-profit just found that the NYC City Council eliminated all funding for sexual violence, and we’re now facing a budgetary shortfall of around $275,000. Incredibly frustrating/scary to see how little my own legislators value the work we do. The ONLY positive to this entire work-place crisis is that I’ve been honing my development & communications skills. 
    • Helped coordinate an emergency  phone appeal: CHECK 
    • Created a new section of the website: CHECK
    • Sending email blasts to donors: CHECK
  • Received degree in the mail. Finally!
  • Received business cards in the mail. Finally!

Update over. Must finish work, pack and then head off to a week-long vacation with friends!

0 comments: