It’s kind of funny, but lately life has gotten in the way of blogging.
I guess it would be pretty sad if it were the other way around, but I do miss sharing updates with all 2 of you who read this regularly!
So here’s a quick update:
- First bridal party outing= HUGE SUCCESS! I was a bridesmaid in a wedding last weekend, and I could not have had a better time celebrating with A & M. I’ve known A since freshman year of college, and it was pretty amazing to see her so happy. Mazel tov again!
- Freelance gigs 1 and 2 have been moving along nicely. Almost done with a big project for freelance gig #2 and will hopefully have more work coming my way once I return from vacation in mid July.
- In-office job is insanely busy. The non-profit just found that the NYC City Council eliminated all funding for sexual violence, and we’re now facing a budgetary shortfall of around $275,000. Incredibly frustrating/scary to see how little my own legislators value the work we do. The ONLY positive to this entire work-place crisis is that I’ve been honing my development & communications skills.
- Helped coordinate an emergency phone appeal: CHECK
- Created a new section of the website: CHECK
- Sending email blasts to donors: CHECK
- Received degree in the mail. Finally!
- Received business cards in the mail. Finally!
Update over. Must finish work, pack and then head off to a week-long vacation with friends!